The longitudinal drainage with no drenotube® gravel
drenotube® is a drainage perform which substitutes the classic drainage system. It is composed of 4 elements:
• Grooved pipe – corrugated of doubled wall HDPE for the water conduction and evacuation. For the connection of the modulus it is included sockets of quick plugging. The external and internal diameter of the pipe is 110 mm and 90 mm, respectively.
• Addition of expanded polystyrene (EPS). This substitutes the gravel of the classic system. Due to its design, it has a 50% rate of holes which is the double than the gravel.
• Filtering Geotextile arranged in the 75% of the perimeter to protect the addition and to the drain pipe of fine elements. With the bottom window with no geotextile it is got better durability than with the closed geotextile.
• Extruded net of HDPE, whose function is to keep the four components in only one unit.
For the fabrication of the addition of EPS is used more than the 70% of recycled source material, besides, the whole components of the system are recyclable.
To take into account
An inappropriate drainage can produce negative consequences in the field of building, both in public and building works. The insertion of drainages with drenotube® allows the configuration of efficient and lasting drainage systems and whose effects give higher safety and avoid, with higher guarantees, the prejudices that give the water excess in the soil for the work in development or the finished one. The drenotube® drainages allow to remove the water contained in the soil, getting by without the gravel and applying it in few steps.
The main causes which give place to a water excess in the soil are:
● Excessive precipitation
● Filtrations of adjacent water conductions
● Fluctuations of the phreatic level
● Continuous capillary rise
● Overflow of natural channels
However, independently from the amount of water which it filters, the drainage capacity of the soil will condition a better or worse water evacuation. In this regard, the intrinsic factors of the soil will have a great impact like:
● Permeability of the soil
● Level of the phreatic level
● Depth of the impermeable geological formation
● Design of the buried work
The particle distribution of the soil, the balance between fine and thick and the degree of compaction determine the permeability of the mean. When higher the permeability of the soil, the lesser the risk of having a water excess in it is.
On the other hand, the relief, or the morphology of the surface, influences on the rate of infiltration; when higher the slopping of the soil are, the higher surface runoff and lesser infiltration. The level of the impermeable geological formation and the level of the phreatic level can limit the descending flow of water. Besides, the buried structures, retaining walls, foundations or support of false tunnels, can suppose a block of flows of underwater which naturally occur.
– Information provided by Josep Madurell of drenotube® (Fumoso Industrial S.A.).
– Guides of designs of agricultural drainages and in public works and building with the drainage drenotube® geocomposite.
– Spanish normative of PG-3 and PG-4 highways, they are also interesting for you. You can find it in http://www.carreteros.org/normativa/drenaje/drenaje.htm